Monday, March 15, 2010

The Ultimate Cocolate Cake Recipe....

Salam.. and hi world.

As I have mentioned earlier on in my blog. I dare not to bake Malaysian favorite Choc Moist. Coz it taste bitter..

As I surf around, looking for other option for my Mud Cake, I found this. Mud Cake is still top in my list as it is very rich with choc. It is so Chocolaty good. But this ultimate cake, have won my heart coz it is so easy and quick. And there is no need to use the mixer. Or you gonna spoil the cake.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups (250 g) cake flour
1 tsp. (6 g) salt
2 tsp. (10 g) baking soda
1 tsp. (5 g) baking powder
3/4 cup (69 g) unsweetened cocoa
2 cups (400 g) sugar
3/4 cup (180 ml) vegetable oil
1 cup(240 ml) hot coffee
1 cup (240 ml) milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp. (4 g) vanilla



METHOD
  • Preheat the oven to 350°F; and line 2 x 9" round cake pans with parchment or wax circles.
  • Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
  • Add the hot coffee, oil and milk and mix it for about 2 minutes.
  • Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla. Beat for 2 more minutes. This chocolate cake recipe has a very liquid batter.
  • Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approx. 30 minutes. The cake is ready when an inserted wooden skewer or cake tester comes out clean or when cake springs back when lightly pressed with a finger.
  • Let the cake cool in pans for about 10 minutes. Loosen the sides with a knife or metal spatula and invert to a metal rack. Invert again to another rack to prevent the cake from splitting.
This is the original recipe which use a 9"x 2"baking pan. But I made cupcakes. And they just beautiful, perfect and moist.

Thanks to Make-Fabulous-Cake for this great recipe.