Thursday, July 15, 2010

For My Love, On Your Birthday...

She called me few months back. Asking for 23pcs of cuppies. I told her, I di not cater for 23pcs. It must be 25pcs box. Then she asked me again whether Sweet Treats is providing delivery service and I told her that we do. Then there was a long silence.

Fourth-night ago, she sent me a sms asking me about the cuppies. And she placed and order of 25pcs box of size 'S'. To be delivered to her boyfriend who is working in Klang. We did handled a lot of surprise delivery...

For this occasion, I tend to try out another new recipe..

Yellow Cake Recipe

281g Cake Flour

2tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

227g butter

400g sugar

4 eggyolks

2tsp vanilla

240ml milk

4 eggwhites



METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F; and line 2 x 9" round or one 12" cake pans with parchment or wax circles.

2. Sift cake flour, baking powder and salt.

3. In another bowl with a mixer, cream butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing it in after addition of each. Add in the vanilla.

4.Stir the flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Scrape down the sides and beat for another minute.

5.Beat the eggwhites in another bowl until soft to medium peaks. Make sure bowl and whisk are clean and grease free. Fold half the eggwhites to the batter to temper it. Then fold in the rest of the eggwhites.

6.Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approx. 45 minutes for the 9" cake pan or 60 minutes for the 12" pan. The cake is ready when an inserted wooden skewer or cake tester comes out clean or when cake springs back when lightly pressed with a finger.

7.Let the cake cool in pans for about 10 minutes. Loosen the sides with a knife or metal spatula and invert to a metal rack. Invert again to another rack to prevent the cake from splitting.

Adapted from Sweet Celebrations: The Art of Decorating Beautiful Cakes by Sylvia Weinstock
adapted from make-fabulous-cakes.


The idea is to create a birthday card in a box. But what should I write. Alhamdulillah, few hours before delivery, the girlfriend send me a sms. This mesage should be written on the cakes